Terms & CONDITIONS
The Sock Paper Scissors Co. website & all related content are owned by Andrea Faulkner of Sock Paper Scissors Co. The website and the words, design, layout, graphics, photos, images, information, materials, documents, data, databases and all other information and intellectual property accessible on or through this Website (“Content”) is my property and is protected by intellectual property laws.
Content on this website is solely owned by Andrea Faulkner / Sock Paper Scissors Co., unless otherwise noted. It is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. You may not use this content in a manner that constitutes an infringement of my rights or that has not been authorized by myself.
If you view, purchase, or access any of this site’s content or materials, you are granted a non-transferable license for personal, non-commercial use only. Your purchase means that you agree not to copy, duplicate, or steal my content.
Last Updated: May 24, 2018
WHO WE ARE
OUR WEBSITE ADDRESS IS: HTTPS://SOCKPAPERSCISSORSCO.COM.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), and if you contact me directly.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Sock Paper Scissors Co. keeps contact form submissions fora period of 1 year for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through the contact form for marketing purposes. By using the contact form you are consenting to this transmission of your personal information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
WHY I NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, which include:
– as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, send invoices via email, communicate via email regarding customer orders and transactions, and/ or to provide customer support:
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as signing up for a mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
– as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interested, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as A) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limitted reasons and in limitted circumstances, as follows:
– Service Providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Business Transfers: If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
– Compliance with Laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: a) respond to legal process or to government request; b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity security, or technical issues; or d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limitted cases. I describe these rights below:
– Access: You may have the right to access and recieve a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
– Change, Restrict, Delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Abscent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– Object: You can object to (i) my processing some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after provideing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information of if it is needed for legal reasons.
– Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For the purposes of EU Data protection law, I, Andrea Faulkner am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at:
WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES WE HAVE IN PLACE
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We protect personal data by employing techniques such as access restrictions, data minimization, site encryption and backups.